Color Leading

Beginning Monday, I will focus on color palettes called the Monday Moods. Part of this is an exercise in creativity, part of it is out of sheer necessity. Each of us tends toward a color theme in life. In my family, blue is the predominate color. The walls are light blue, my sister and I have blue eyes, the furniture leans to blue when we can purchase it for the color we want.

Crabapple Blossom - in hopes of Spring
I like the color purple which is still in the cooler colors. My favorite colors, by the way, are black, purple and silver. I like a splash of blue like turquoise, but it's a splash. For me, much of my color choices lean towards my clothing choices because I have a hard time finding any warm colors that look good on me. Oddly enough, white is one of the hardest colors for me to wear.

As the year progresses, I'll focus on different seasons and themes, but eventually, we'll have quite a few color combinations to choose from for clothing and design.

Why would I want to do this? Because it is a necessity for designers to develop color schemes. While a line of clothing might only have one particular color, I'm experimenting with what looks good together, and what sells.

While I lean to darker, cooler colors, someone else might like bright, summer colors. I have to develop a wide enough range for people to like. Besides, it's fun to experiment with color, and I don't do it nearly enough.

As I post the color images, feel free to comment about the color choices and emotions. What would you suggest for the colors? How does it make you feel? What does it remind you of? Building up what you like helps me decide how others see the same colors I see.

On a side note, some of these colors themes will also develop out of books I've published or ones I'm writing. You'll get sneak peeks of future books, and insights on other books. If interested on what else I write, check out my other website, www.bridgettenibrian.com which focuses on books and arts related to the books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beyond the Scarf - Purses

Weaving History - Space makes the Difference

Spring - it is a'comin'