A Challenge

This month, a group called Dessember (check out the website here) focus their attention on ending human trafficking. The point of Dessember is to raise awareness and money specifically for International Justice Mission.



Personally, I think it's a brilliant way to do something besides raise awareness. Often times, myself included, all we're able to do is talk about human trafficking, but this is one way to do something tangible. After all, few of us will go on trips to rescue slaves or spot someone being trafficked in our community.

Awareness, however, is important, and if that's all we can do, then proceed. Yet, I wanted to try something in honor of Dessember. For someone who hasn't worn dresses often since college, I don't have a lot of dresses neither do I have money to buy dresses. What I do have is material, some handwoven, and some store bought.

This month, my goal is to make one dress from handwoven material. Not the material in the poncho above, but other pretty material nonetheless. Currently, I'm weaving the material, but I will keep everyone up-to-date.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beyond the Scarf - Purses

Spring - it is a'comin'

Weaving History - Space makes the Difference