Warmth!

Somehow along the way, I think we skipped spring. It's been in the seventies and eighties here in Western NY with a dewpoint in the sixties. It's hot and humid, and feels like summer!

I actually am not the biggest fan of summer, but hey, it's better than winter!

Crabapple Blossoms
The trees are blooming, the rhubarb growing, and I've started the garden. I especially enjoy walking outside without a coat, scarf, mittens, boots and returning even colder.

This year, I'll be at the Saturday Artisan Market at Canalside in downtown Buffalo NY. Saturday (May 17) is the season opener. Fair season is just around the corner, and I look ahead with mixed emotions.

Last year produced decidedly bad results. I made absolutely no profit, and found myself discouraged at the end of the season. Changes were needed, and part of the changes involved revamping what I created. In the past, I've focused on home accessories such as pillows, quilts and rugs, but this year, I'm leaning towards fashion accessories with bags, ponchos, shawls and scarves. The beauty of cotton is its universality - it's warm in the winter, cool in the summer. I don't know why, I just love it.

The Saturday Artisans Market should prove to be an interesting mixture of artists. I'm looking forward to it because it intrigues me when I'm able to meet other artisans. It is open from 10 -5. The website has more information about location. If you happen to be in the Buffalo area, I hope you come down to visit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beyond the Scarf - Purses

Spring - it is a'comin'

Creating a Palette - Photographs