Saturday Artisan Market

I found out some cool news yesterday: I was accepted to the Saturday Artisan Market (SAM) at Central Wharf in Buffalo NY. Opening day is May 17.

Newest Weaving Project
Can I just say how excited I am by this opportunity? It's going to be a great time of meeting new people and establishing myself in Buffalo. I will be there under my pen/artist name of Bridgette ni Brian, not under the Bryony Studio name since I'm still working on establishing Bryony. As the days progress, I'll keep everyone updated through here and my Bridgette ni Brian Facebook page (here) and my Twitter account @bridgettenbrian (here)

Trying to remain encouraged and hopeful with all that's happening has been interesting to say the least. It isn't easy establishing oneself in the artist community, especially when people wonder just what fiber arts is.

Trying to explain to people the benefits of supporting local artisans is even harder when most people are concerned about more important items like food, heat and gas. For me, purchasing items such as handwoven accessories are worth the initial cost because they will last longer. For heaven's sake: natural fibers just feel better.

As I develop out the information for my weaving and fiber arts in general, I want to show you a little bit about where the fibers come from. I'm looking forward to trying out new items such as bamboo and eventually silk. Until then, it's just one step then another step, I suppose.

Tomorrow, April 12, I will be at Benders Christian Bookstore in Williamsville NY for a book signing from 11 am until 2 pm. Benders is located on Sheridan Drive near Harris Hill Road. Come by and visit, and pick up copies of Azure Maris and Azure Lights.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beyond the Scarf - Purses

Spring - it is a'comin'

Weaving History - Space makes the Difference