Experiments

One of the things I love about weaving is the ability to experiment. It's fun trying different fibers, weave structures and color combinations.

Currently, I'm working on an open weave structure based upon weaves from previous designs.

The original version was like the ones above: lace weave done in cotton at 12.5 dpi. I had woven something similar at a wider spacing (7.5 dpi) with cotton and wool. The photograph below shows what happens with wool and cotton.

 
 
What I wanted to discover is if the same process would work at a 10 dpi. In other words, would I be able to make an attractive fabric with a wider lace design? Ideally, the project will turn into a dress, but I'll have to see how it washes up first.
 
Hopefully, it will turn out somewhat like I thought it would be. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring - it is a'comin'

Beyond the Scarf - Purses