Moonlight over Deep Waters

First, some news: the Saturday Artisan Market at Canalside didn't go as planned for the second time this month. We're on the terminal end of the Erie Canal before it goes into Lake Erie, and wind is always an issue. The last two Saturday Artisan Markets have had sustained winds in the 20 mph range - not good for tents, let me assure you.

However, we will be there (providing the winds die down) the first three Saturdays of October should anyone want to come visit. I'll be at Appleumpkin in Wyoming NY this weekend.

Now, the news aside, onto the scheduled post: Moonlight over Deep Waters.

So, this poncho (which I think is gorgeous by the way) was partly inspired by my book, Azure Maris. The book cover is a link that leads you to the Amazon website where I do earn a little money off the clicks.

For those who haven't had a chance to visit my Bridgette ni Brian site, and learn about Azure, she is a mermaid princess-priestess from the kingdom of Deep Waters.

The poncho, woven from variegated rayon chenille and cotton reminded of moonlight on deep water ... then something happened. The lighter colors became more common, shifting the color from moonlight to full day. Still reminds me of light on deep ocean waters, but decidedly more daytime and less night time. The best example is the photo I have with my sister and dog.


As you can see by the right sleeve, the color difference is marked. The photo below shows the poncho hanging up. Mind you, the lighter color isn't really from light shining through the fabric. It's that much of a change.

Moonlight over Deep Waters Poncho
When I finished the warp up, the lighter color remained the constant. It's a beautiful poncho, just came with some surprises along the way. This is woven on the same set up the chenille and cotton scarf (here) if you want to know how it was woven. This warp was at 20 inches wide.

The poncho is available for purchase on my Etsy site. Visit here to purchase. If you are in the Western NY area (greater Buffalo to Rochester) and feel like visiting a fair, come to Appleumpkin this weekend in Wyoming NY. I'll have the poncho there if anyone wants to try it on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beyond the Scarf - Purses

Spring - it is a'comin'

Weaving History - Space makes the Difference