It's been a crazy little while focusing on writing books, but I've been able to have some time to weave. Currently, focusing on producing lengths of material, primarily for scarves. Over the past year, I purchased a bunch of cones of yarn, and while I used most of them, I have some half-filled cones of yarn. To that end, I've been working through the yarn to see what I can create. It's proved interesting seeing how I can use the yarn. Unfortunately, it seems when I finish the warp, I need more yarn for the weft. Such is the problem with weaving. Also, I'm working on creating cotton warp with chenille weft projects. It'll be interesting to see if I can use the cotton/chenille material for clothes. On a side note, the book I'm currently working on has a main character who is a weaver. Some of the items I'll be focusing on over the next few months is creating items connected to the book.
When I was little, I was jealous of friends of mine who had a strong ethnic heritage. Two of my friends were half Mexican; another set of friends were Korean, and still others were Italian Polish Easter Eggs at Broadway Market, Buffalo My family didn't have any traditions handed down from parents to children. We have British stock on both sides of my family, primarily English, but with Scottish and Irish thrown in for good measure. My mom provides German and Native American heritage, while my dad throws in some Dutch heritage. Other than knowing my family, I have no traditions attached to them. Do we celebrate St. Patrick's Day? No more than the average American does. Are there traditional Easter and Christmas celebrations unique to the Dutch, Germans or English? Probably. We wouldn't know. See, my family has lived in the United States for most of America's history. My grandma, who immigrated to the US in the 1920s, more than likely descended from Loyalists wh...
Greetings, and welcome to my site, Bryony Studio. This is a place where you can come to see what I'm working on in the studio whether a journal, wrap or top. I am a fiber artists specializing in woven clothing and accessories. St. Patrick's Day Warp Currently, I'm transferring items around while working on moving from my current location into a new location. As I go through the process, I'll let you know. I also happen to be a writer of fiction, and if you visit www.bridgettenibrian.com you can see some of my novels, and previous fiber work. Come by as you have the chance to visit and chat, and see what's new in the studio. Don't mind the dust or the mess because from them beautiful things emerge.
Comments
Post a Comment