Summer's Coming

Over the winter, I've been working on weaving up lengths of fabric, trying to decide what to do with most of it. Beginning on Tuesday, I'm going to start a new series called, "Beyond the Scarf."

What I found frustrating when I was learning how to weave was the many 'beginner' projects included items I never used - table runners, table mats, scarves and other items. I've always enjoyed making my own clothes, and surprisingly, very little fabric is needed to make clothes.


This poncho was made from cloth woven on a rigid heddle loom, but I've learned I can create other items that are both attractive and beyond the boxy cuts we usually associate with handwoven fashion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beyond the Scarf - Purses

Spring - it is a'comin'

Weaving History - Space makes the Difference